Margules Groome is seeking applicants wishing to join a global company of professionals in the forest and wood products sector. The full-time senior role will contribute to a team of management consultants covering a broad range of projects including forest valuation, resource assessment, performance improvement, climate change, feasibility studies, and market analysis.
The primary focus of the role is to manage the resources and delivery timing of the company’s global valuation and due diligence project portfolio. Additionally, as a Senior Consultant, the role will be expected to contribute consulting expertise across various types of projects, lead/mentor junior staff, and contribute to marketing and sales. The position is likely to involve travel.
This exciting opportunity is ideally suited to a forestry and/or project management professional with industry experience looking to apply their skills and challenge themselves against a wide range of disciplines. The successful applicant will be measured on their qualifications, experience, and key personal attributes of intuition, team-work, time management, and organisational capabilities.
- A professional degree in forestry or similar industry qualification from a quality tertiary institution. Relevant post-graduate qualifications will be recognised.
- Experience and/or qualifications in project management would be an advantage.
Preferred Skills / Knowledge:
- Strong demonstrated project delivery and management skills.
- Good understanding of the New Zealand and/or Australian forestry sectors preferred. Experience in relevant industries further afield will also be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills in English.
- Demonstrated abilities in data analysis and financial modelling.
A minimum ten+ years of work experience in the forestry industry or related industries is preferred. Job title and remuneration will reflect the experience and abilities of the successful applicant.
- Practical and flexible, with the ability to multitask.
- Able to lead a team, work within a team, or work individually with minimal supervision.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- A drive for quality and improvement.
- Strong self-motivation and results focused under tight time frames.
- Health and safety conscious.
Interested applicants should email an application letter and CV to Margules Groome. All applicants must have current eligibility to live and work in New Zealand.