Role: (Senior) Consultant (Forestry and Wood Products Sector)
Company: Margules Groome Consulting
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Margules Groome is a leading advisor and consultant to the forestry and agriculture industries. Our clients include the largest forest managers and investors globally, government agencies, and leading NGO’s.
Margules Groome is seeking applicants wishing to join a global company of professionals in the forest and wood products sector. The full-time role will contribute to a team of management consultants covering a broad range of projects including forest valuation and due diligence, resource assessment, performance improvement, climate change strategies, feasibility studies, and market analysis.
The primary focus of the role is to help deliver the company’s global valuation and due diligence project portfolio. Within this role, you will be expected to contribute to projects locally and overseas and work closely with colleagues across Margules Groome’s global forestry network. The position is likely to involve some overseas travel.
This exciting opportunity is ideally suited to a forestry professional with industry experience looking to apply their skills and challenge themselves against a wide range of disciplines. The successful applicant will be measured on their qualifications, experience, and key personal attributes of intuition, teamwork, time management, and organisational capabilities.
- A professional degree in forest science or natural resource management from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Relevant post-graduate qualifications will be recognised.
Preferred Skills / Knowledge:
- Strong demonstrated project delivery skills and time management.
- Good understanding of the Australian forestry sector is preferred. Experience in relevant industries further afield will also be an advantage.
- Demonstrated abilities in data analysis. Some experience with commonly used forestry applications is an advantage (e.g. ArcGIS or QGIS, YTGen, Woodstock, Tigermoth, etc).
- Excellent communication and report writing skills in English.
- Demonstrated abilities in data analysis and financial modelling.
More than four years of work experience in the forest, wood products or related industries is preferred. Job title and remuneration will reflect the experience and abilities of the successful applicant.
- Practical and flexible, with the ability to multitask.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Able to lead a team, work in a team, or individually with minimal supervision.
- A drive for quality and improvement.
- Strong self-motivation and results focused under tight time frames.
- Health and safety conscious.
If you are interested, please email your application letter and CV to Margules Groome. All applicants must have current eligibility to work in Australia, however, consideration will be given to offshore applicants.