Margules Groome is expanding and seeking applicants wishing to join a global company of professional management consultants in the forest and wood products sector.
The full-time role will contribute to a team of consultants working across the Asia-Pacific region covering a broad range of projects including forest valuation, resource assessment, performance improvement, climate change, feasibility studies, and market analysis. The position is likely to involve travel.
This exciting opportunity is ideally suited to a forestry professional looking to develop their skills and challenge themselves across a wide range of projects. The successful applicant will be measured on their qualifications, experience, and key personal attributes of intuition, team work, time management, and organisational capabilities.
- A professional degree in forestry or similar qualification from a recognised tertiary institution
- Relevant post-graduate qualifications would be an advantage
Preferred Skills / Knowledge:
- Sound understanding of the New Zealand and/or Australian forestry sectors. Experience in forestry industries further afield will also be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills in English
- Demonstrated abilities in data analysis. Experience with commonly used forestry applications is an advantage (e.g. ArcGIS, Atlas Forecaster, YTGEN, MARVL, Woodstock, Tigermoth etc).
- Understanding and experience with financial modelling.
A minimum three years of work experience in the forest industry (or related industries) is preferred. Job title and remuneration will reflect the experience of the successful applicants.
- Practical and flexible, with the ability to multitask
- Able to work in a team or individually with minimal supervision
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong self-motivation and results focused under tight time frames
- Health and safety conscious
Interested applicants should email an application letter and CV to Margules Groome (firstname.lastname@example.org). All applicants must have current eligibility to live and work in New Zealand.