Role: Analyst / Consultant
Company: Margules Groome Consulting
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Margules Groome is a leading advisor and consultant to the forestry and agriculture industries. Our clients include institutional investors globally, the largest forest managers, government agencies, and leading NGOs.
Margules Groome is seeking applicants with a tertiary qualification in finance or economics wishing to join a global company of professionals in the forest and wood products sector. The full-time role will contribute to a team of management consultants covering a broad range of projects including forest valuation and due diligence, resource assessment, performance improvement, climate change strategies, feasibility studies, and market analysis.
The primary focus of the role is to help deliver the company’s global valuation and due diligence project portfolio. Within this role, you will be expected to contribute to projects locally and overseas and work closely with colleagues across Margules Groome’s global forestry network. The position may involve some overseas travel.
This exciting opportunity is ideally suited to a finance professional with industry experience looking to apply their skills and challenge themselves in a wide range of disciplines. The successful applicant will be measured on their qualifications, experience, and key personal attributes of intuition, teamwork, time management, and organisational capabilities.
- A Master of Finance or Economics qualification (an absolute requirement).
- A minimum of two years prior working experience in finance or economics.
Preferred Skills / Knowledge:
- Demonstrated abilities in data analysis and financial modelling.
- Prior bond market experience or experience with linear programming or experience in undertaking due diligence or valuation work or experience in the natural resources area will be advantageous.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills in English.
- Demonstrated project participation and delivery skills.
A minimum of two years prior work experience in finance or economics is required. Job title and remuneration will reflect the experience and abilities of the successful applicant.
- Practical and flexible, with the ability to multitask.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Able to lead, work in a team, or work individually with minimal supervision.
- A drive for quality and improvement.
- Strong self-motivation and results focused under tight time frames.
- Health and safety conscious.
If you are interested, please email your application letter and CV to Margules Groome. It is preferred that applicants have current eligibility to work in Australia, however, consideration will be given to offshore applicants. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org